The City No Longer Forsaken

"They will be called the Holy People, the Redeemed of the LORD; and you will be called Sought After, the City No Longer Deserted." ~Isaiah 62:12

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Hi guys!

I`ve been in Tokyo for about a day now. It`s really nice! We have been
learning the train system, which is very efficient but still feeling
pretty complicated. Sarah and my house is two stories and has a
kitchen, dining room and living space, another room, a study, one and
a half bathrooms, three bedrooms and drawers and closets tucked away
all over the place. We are within walking distance of a nice
convenient store where we were able to buy some rice and vegetables
for dinner last night. This would have been well and good, except we
had already cooked it when we realized we had no soy sauce! It has
bland, but a good meal.

We will not have internet in our house for another three weeks to a
month, so it will be awhile before I am regularly online again. Right
now I am at the JELC (Japanese Lutheran Church) office borrowing a
computer. That also means that it will be awhile before I can do
regular phone calls since it will be expensive before we get our
internet connection.

For those who don`t know, I missed my first flight over here because
of fog, so I arrived a day late. But as a result, I have almost no jet
lag because I was awake for almost 48 hours before arriving! (I
napped, but nothing longer than an hour and a half) Matt woke up at 2
AM this morning, I was able to sleep until almost 7. :-)

I love you all, and eagerly await the time when I can use the internet
regularly again!

Pamela

No comments: