The City No Longer Forsaken

"They will be called the Holy People, the Redeemed of the LORD; and you will be called Sought After, the City No Longer Deserted." ~Isaiah 62:12

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Stairway to Heaven

I started learning to play guitar today! It was super fun. Well...except that my first fifteen minutes or so were me trying to play the guitar upside-down. If you ever take up guitar, the highest note is not the top string, it is the bottom string. Bizarre instruments, guitars. ;) Perhaps the funniest moment of me playing guitar upside-down was when my Japanese teacher finds me, tells me that she thinks it's upside-down, and I manage to convert her to my unbeatable logic by pointing out that the highest note has to go at the top. We, a little confused, finally concluded that the guitar had to be a left handed guitar or something.

...you know, logic really isn't the greatest force of reasoning.

Once I had the guitar right side up, I found online guitar lessons and sat contentedly strumming for four straight hours. Actually, I'm pretty proud. I learned quite a few chords.

Now, something like eight hours later, I still can't quite feel the tips of three of my fingers, though. Oops. Guess next time one of my guitar playing friends warns me that I will need to get callouses I will believe her. :)

No comments: