The City No Longer Forsaken

"They will be called the Holy People, the Redeemed of the LORD; and you will be called Sought After, the City No Longer Deserted." ~Isaiah 62:12

Sunday, September 16, 2007

The days of peace are at an end...

There is a cockroach in my apartment. *buries head in couch and hides* I live alone...*whimper* It was on the wall and I sat and looked at it and contemplated how to get rid of a two inch long insect without dying myself, and just when I had decided that was pretty much impossible the darn thing *flew* and now I don't even know where it is.

I have been dreading this moment ever since I saw a cockroach on the stairs going up to my apartment level.

Do cockroaches bite, or are they just the scariest looking things in the entire world? What happens if one tries to vacuum them?

*whimper* I sleep on the floor.

How does one get rid of a cockroach without:
a) touching it
b) smushing it all over the wall or floor
c) making it fly in one's general direction
d) inviting more cockroaches in
e) breaking any international anti-war type treaties
f) blowing up one's apartment
g) having a nervous breakdown
h) not knowing exactly where it is--but needing to be certain it's out
?

No comments: