The City No Longer Forsaken

"They will be called the Holy People, the Redeemed of the LORD; and you will be called Sought After, the City No Longer Deserted." ~Isaiah 62:12

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Tidings of Great Joy

Hi Everyone!

I am thrilled to announce that I will be serving at Hongo Student Center in Tokyo for the next two years. I am super, super excited about this!!! I still don't know too many details, but I will be moving from my current house to an apartment elsewhere in Tokyo sometime in late March. Actual teaching (bounce bounce bounce) will begin in April. Here are some of the reasons I am really excited about Tokyo:

-I will get to teach a Christianity Today class every week and also offer the message (in English!) at the English service at Hongo Church sometimes.
-I get to teach *adult* people English!!! Yay for teaching English again!!!
-I will get to continue helping out with various camps and retreats that happen around the Tokyo area
-I get to be around to support the new VYM and J3 folks when they come to Tokyo next fall
-There are exciting prayer things happening in Tokyo
-Tokyo is a really cool city
-It's easier for me to be visited by family and friend type people from the States if I am living in Tokyo
-I am much more connected to the support systems I've built over the past few months here
-The people I'll be working with at Hongo *rock*.
-The students at Hongo *rock*.

So...yeah. Excitedness!!!

Love you all! Thanks for your support, good thoughts, and prayers!

Pamela

No comments: