The City No Longer Forsaken

"They will be called the Holy People, the Redeemed of the LORD; and you will be called Sought After, the City No Longer Deserted." ~Isaiah 62:12

Monday, May 26, 2008

Monday, May 26

Monday is normally my day off, so usually my week starts calmly and quietly. This week, however, I was committed to praying for some friends and their church on Monday. So, the day was spent in intercession (which is not restful prayer), and a little bit of cleaning.

I left home a little before five to meet a friend and pick up an exciting new book: Punk Monk. Punk Monk is all about Boiler Rooms in the 24/7 Prayer movement. Which is to say, the book is pretty much about what I want to do with the rest of my life.

I had a little bit of time to chat with my friends and then we prayed our other friends through a meeting they were having. We prayed for about two hours as a group, which meant a lot of silent time. But the whole time, it was nearly impossible to focus. A thought kept nagging at my mind that we were not really together to pray for the meeting, or at least that there was something else God had for us. We finally began discussing, and it turned into an entire discussion about our prayer group that gathers on Saturdays, our community in general, etc., etc. We went out to a cafe to keep talking until close to midnight. I finally dropped said friends off at two different train stations and returned home around 12:30am.

This leaves me a little concerned about the rest of the week...things do not tend to go well if I don't rest on Mondays!

No comments: