The City No Longer Forsaken

"They will be called the Holy People, the Redeemed of the LORD; and you will be called Sought After, the City No Longer Deserted." ~Isaiah 62:12

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Saturday, May 31st

It's Saturday and the world is moving at least a little more slowly than it has been. I am very ready for Monday! It is going to be a hard core sabbath. ;-)

Today began with prayer in Iidabashi. I came to the conclusion while praying about our prayer group that I had done a lot of leading structures, but not a lot of leading people and really not a lot of listening to God. So, starting today, we stopped our list making. We usually all bring in a prayer request and pray through the list. It's a good time, but something has been missing. Today we told God we were sorry for not asking him about our purpose sooner and then spent some time laying the group down and waiting on him. I enjoyed it greatly. Unfortunately, most of the time was only two of us. This gave us a good chance to get through some personal things, but we don't have new direction yet. Though it seems like the theme from both of our reactions is that more time listening for God is a good thing. So, next week will be more waiting on God. We'll see how he shapes our vision!

The afternoon was spent lazily with a friend. Lovely! We had lunch and then wandered back and sat on the couch and watched a movie on her ipod (yes, we are in the 21st century). Except that her meeting started when there were only 18 minutes left in the movie!!! Sigh for cliffhangers.

I enjoyed a free afternoon and evening completely scrubbing out my shower and bathtub. I continue to be amazed how, when the majority of my work involves teaching, listening, praying, thinking, and other mind and people sorts of things, work scrubbing a bathtub is potentially the best way to rest ever. I wish I could actually take this lesson to heart! As it is, I am still caught off guard and surprised every time a bout of cleaning leaves me feeling relaxed and ready to face the world again.

No comments: