The City No Longer Forsaken

"They will be called the Holy People, the Redeemed of the LORD; and you will be called Sought After, the City No Longer Deserted." ~Isaiah 62:12

Monday, March 16, 2009

We Laugh at Key

This Saturday at Key was a particularly sweet time, in my opinion. One of the Japanese guys was supposed to lead a Bible study. I sent him an email around 4:00 when he wasn't there yet, and it turns out he was asleep, but came right over after getting my email. We spent the first hour just hanging out, speaking broken Japanese or broken English...often both in the same sentence. In the end, Kim came up with a great game for us to play. Which is the source of all the pictures in this entry. The game is kind of a combination of pictionary and telephone. It's a little difficult to explain, but everyone started by drawing a picture or writing a phrase. So, if I draw a picture, I pass it to the person on my right. That person looks at what I've drawn and writes on another paper what they think the picture is. Then, they pass what they've written to the next person, who has to draw a picture of what was written down without seeing my original picture. The results are hilarious.

We had a woman come in to see Key for the first time. She actually walked in after we were finished. Three people were in a backrub line and we were just laying around and talking. She asked us what we normally did at Key, which is always a hard question to answer. But one of the Japanese guys rescued us from our efforts to explain and said very simply, "We laugh." And we certainly laughed a lot last Saturday. Here are some of our pictures from Saturday (and hopefully some laughter) to share with you guys:

Here is the first picture, drawn by my good friend Jenae. Later, she explained to us that this picture was supposed to represent "Allergy Season".



The next person (who may or may not have been me) wrote,
She sang a song to her favorite forest flower.
Followed by...(I think you're getting the idea now)



A hermit sings in the garden.



There is a strange man dancing in flowers.




Here's the next round. Note that we had non-native English speakers in the group, which is how this lovely situation came about. :-) :



Loving my planetes.



Save the earth.



Don't smoke for the future of the earth.





And my personal favorite:

This one started with a caption rather than a picture: A Shepherd.



An astrologer is standing with chicken.



Watching the stars with my best friend the chicken.



Yay for laughter!

No comments: