The City No Longer Forsaken

"They will be called the Holy People, the Redeemed of the LORD; and you will be called Sought After, the City No Longer Deserted." ~Isaiah 62:12

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Cause for Celebration

My guitar made it home!!!

I was started to get really worried, because the post office in Japan said 2 weeks, and it's been something like a month. Apparently they did not take rural Wyoming into consideration. So, my mom came into the house today with our backed up mail from while we were gone last week, and my guitar was with it!

Unfortunately, one of the pegs broke in transport, so my d-string is unalterably something like ten octaves lower than the other strings and horribly out of tune. But I don't think replacing the peg should be such a big deal.

I am especially celebrating the return of my guitar case along with my guitar. Since my friends all got together to give it to me, it actually has more sentimental value to me than the guitar itself. (Shh...don't tell my guitar!) ;-)

In case any of you were very concerned about Ebony, I also was able to rescue him yesterday morning. He was very excited to make it out of that teeny cage and nearly took my arm off when I walked him to the car. So, I headed for the hills with him and we went out to run and play in Red Canyon. That dog remains a stubborn rebel, though. He found a deer carcass and ran off with a five inch long bone from the leg. I'm chasing after him, trying to woo the bone out of his mouth with treats, but apparently the bone looked nicer to him than treats and obeying me. I finally sat down about twenty feet away from him. I ate my sandwich. He ate an entire deer leg bone. And once he had (I kid you not) swallowed the whole thing, he was willing to trot alongside me again. Sigh...you try to make a dog happy...

I think he was still cranky from being in jail. He was so exhausted he slept the entire rest of the day. ;-)

1 comment:

jsincj said...

Yay for your Guitar and case making it home semi safely!!!! Ew for the deer leg bone... but I know Chewy... my dog at home... would have done the same thing. It sounds really grouse though. Yay for Picnics in the Mountians!!! I've been praying for you. Love and Miss you tons. :0)